Comex 2006 was over the weekend. I went down to take a look around. Chris bought a laptop there, zq and kenny bought printers. I bought an mp3 player for my dad, who was looking for something that could record voice, had a line in, can record from FM radio, had at least 10 hours of recording time and didn't cost too much. Chanced upon the Creative Zen Nano Plus 512MB for $84 and got that.
I played with the new Sony T10 camera too. It's a very slim point and shoot camera. Didn't really check up the specs. I think it's 7.2MP, can do up to ISO1000 (maybe more), has a steady shot function, but doesn't allow any more customisation of settings as compared to my current 4MP camera which cost $280. Anyway, nearly all my pictures are taken at 3MP. You really don't need a 7.2MP camera. It's pointless. How many pictures are you going to print at huge poster sizes anyway?
Saw a demo of the Olympus waterproof camera too. It's a point and shoot as well, but it's waterproof, which is a cool thing. You can snap pictures underwater, but I think the flash range will be severely reduced.
Went to celebrate zq's birthday with the usual group on Sunday night. We ate at some chinese restaurant at cine. It was kenny's suggestion. The food was pretty nice. After that we just walked to taka. Wanted to throw zq into the fountain and take a picture, but he wasn't too keen on that. Being the nice people we are, we wandered around and just decided to take our group picture outside some shop in the basement. zq was telling us how he had trained himself not to blink when his photo is taken. Guess what happened? On our first attempt at a group photo, he BLINKED. He claimed the photographer didn't give any warning. Excuses excuses. We asked someone else to help us, and luckily he didn't blink this time. He says he'll upload the pics to his blog, so I won't bother. You can find them there, though he probably won't put up the one in which he blinked. He really has an uncanny ability to do that.