Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Hall Concert

I wanted to join the Tech department for hall concert at first, but I've ended up in Sets. Both have their pros and cons. Tech are the people who will be in charge of the sound and lights during the concert itself. It's supposed to be quite slack during the run up to the concert, but they'll have to skip school during the week when there are rehearsals at UCC.

Sets is in charge of building all the backdrops and scenery which will be used in the concert. We'll have to work from 8-12 pm for four days a week until the concert. During the rehearsals, we'll have to be around to move the backdrops around when they call for scene change. We won't have to skip school, but we'll be working long hours every night. From the academic perspective, I'm not sure which is the better deal. I'm already starting to get lost during the lectures. The tutorials also require a lot of thinking, it's impossible to do them quickly. The mid term tests are after recess week, which is in about 3 weeks time. The timer is only counting down to one of them, but the tests for my other modules should be around that period too.

Maybe I should have joined music, I hear it's quite relaxed, but I can't compose for nuts.

For those of you who haven't realised it yet, this is now week 3 and week 7 isn't that far away.

Thanks to zq's tip, I went to buy a new calculator for $15, instead of the stated price of $20. Actually, $20 is cheap for a calculator with so many functions, but I told the auntie that their shop had charged zq $15 just a few days ago when he helped kenny buy his calc. As a result, she charged me $15 too. By the way, the Popular at Bras Basah Complex is real nice now.

posted by cosine  @ 12:34 AM
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


Other Blogs

  • Christopher
  • Hock
  • Chee Hui
  • Joline
  • YH
  • Zhiqin
  • Kenny
  • J.X.
  • Tubby
  • Esther Goh
  • Sarah
  • Dwin
  • Licia
  • External Links

  • Image Host--Applerings
  • Google
  • Previous Posts

  • Microsoft Keyboard
  • Tutorial Balloting
  • Week 1
  • HP prob fixed
  • HP probs
  • Fireworks
  • Flag Day
  • Hall Orientation
  • Long Day
  • Holidays are Ending
  • Archives

  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008