I did flag day yesterday. We were supposed to leave at 615 am, but of course everyone was late and we only got to our locations at around 745 am, after school had started. I was outside RJ and there was nearly no human traffic at all. Called my bro out and he made the 1st donation, haha. In the end we walked to J8 for a quick snack, then went back to RJ in time for dismissal. The students were pretty generous.
After lunch, I had to go back to school for a talk, and rejoined my group at Toa Payoh in the evening. Many people had already donated earlier in the day, but some of them were very nice and donated again. I noticed that the well dressed ones tend to keep their money to themselves. Many of them try very hard to avoid eye contact. However, there were still a couple of the well dressed ones who made a donation. The most generous ones were actually the ones who didn't look so well off. They were the elderly and those who weren't dressed formally. Teenagers were quite stingy too, but I met a group of NY people who had done flag day in the morning. Although they had already donated twice, they did so a third time.
I tried to take number 10 home, but although the schedule said that the frequency is about 12-14 minutes, I waited about 25 minutes before a bus actually arrived at the terminal. It was nearly another 10 minutes before it was ready to go. In the end I took 2 hours to get home. Pretty lousy, considering they want to raise fares again. It's not the first time too. I had the same problem on Saturday, but I think I waited around 5 minutes less that day.