Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

World Cup again

Went to dwin's house on Friday night with zq and kenny to watch the Germany vs Argentina match. Actually I could have watched it on sctv at home, but watching with a few friends is more fun.

The match itself was quite boring, with only 2 goals scored, 1 by each team, so the match progressed into a 0 goal extra time, then into penalties. As a result, it didn't end until nearly 2 am. The players were very rough and quite cautious. There wasn't much of the entertaining football they showed during the group stages.

dwin isn't a soccer fan, during the match, the stayed in his room and went to sleep early. We didn't want to disturb him, so zq and I went to sleep on the sofa after the match, while kenny stayed up to watch the 3am Ukraine vs Italy one. dwin's sofa armrests are a bit too high to sleep comfortably, but we managed, haha. Perhaps I should have stayed up for the 3 am match, it seemed pretty good, with a final scoreline of 3-0. After that match, kenny fell asleep sitting up. I happened to wake up a few times to change my position. The suddenly excited voice of the commentator also woke me up a few times, but I didn't really bother looking.

At about 7am, dwin came down and seemed very surprised to find all of us asleep on the sofa, and offered us the use of his queen sized bed with many pillows and a comforter. zq and I went back to sleep, while kenny seemed more interested in food. When I woke up, I found them watching Pirates of the Carribean. Played a bit of starcraft after that. dwin hasn't lost his touch. Went home after that. That was the first time during the World Cup that I stayed out overnight to watch a match. Not sure if we'll be doing it again, since the other matches will be shown on channel 5 anyway.

posted by cosine  @ 9:59 PM
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


Other Blogs

  • Christopher
  • Hock
  • Chee Hui
  • Joline
  • YH
  • Zhiqin
  • Kenny
  • J.X.
  • Tubby
  • Esther Goh
  • Sarah
  • Dwin
  • Licia
  • External Links

  • Image Host--Applerings
  • Google
  • Previous Posts

  • Forum Letters
  • I Not Stupid 2
  • Solitaire Showdown
  • Trying new stuff
  • Sunday Times
  • World Cup
  • Fixed doorbell
  • Cars
  • YF Outing
  • World Cup
  • Archives

  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008