Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

Preparations

The list of school notebooks is out, so I went with kenny and YH to Funan to take a look at the models. There's a huge discount for some of them, and the one provided by the school even has Macromedia Studio, which is worth about $500. Software is really expensive. Looks like I'll be buying from them, but everyone seems to be eyeing the same laptop, so we'll probably all get identical ones, haha.

Finally got the email from the hall, I'll have to check in next week, so I have less than 1 week left at home. I'll have to start preparing soon. It also looks like I have no choice but to share a room with a total stranger. Hope the person turns out to be ok.

Nearly got into an accident today. There are two lanes turning right, and I was in the leftmost one. There was a blue pickup truck in the rightmost lane. When the green arrow came up, we both started the turn. The vehicle in the rightmost lane is supposed to turn into the rightmost lane of the destination road. This is mentioned in the theory books, and it is also how you have to drive to pass your driving test. Of course, this doesn't actually happen on the roads. Most people drift one lane to the left to increase their turning radius and hence reduce the strain on the tires. However, nearly all drivers who do so will ensure that there are no cars on the left before they turn into the "wrong" lane. This van driver didn't. I was turning into the middle lane, just as I should be, but he started coming closer and closer. Luckily the left lane was empty and I could swerve into it. He didn't even change course when I horned him. Now thanks to him, my dad still won't let me drive alone. At least I managed to avoid an accident.

posted by cosine  @ 10:45 PM
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


Other Blogs

  • Christopher
  • Hock
  • Chee Hui
  • Joline
  • YH
  • Zhiqin
  • Kenny
  • J.X.
  • Tubby
  • Esther Goh
  • Sarah
  • Dwin
  • Licia
  • External Links

  • Image Host--Applerings
  • Google
  • Previous Posts

  • Blog coding
  • Interesting Google
  • Random Musings
  • New Blogskin
  • Forum letter
  • Taxi Fares
  • Chronicles of Narnia
  • World Cup again
  • Forum Letters
  • I Not Stupid 2
  • Archives

  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008