Monday, April 03, 2006

 

c++

It's been a long time since I programmed anything in c++, but dwin passed me this question and I just couldn't resist the challenge.

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~cs1101cl/lab4/oddweek/

Ok, I know the question asked for c but I'm not too familiar with that so I used c++. Just downloaded the dev c++ IDE. I don't really like it, it's small but the text editing is very manual, it doesn't even indent my lines properly. Spent the whole afternoon working on the question and finally managed to solve it, haha.

This is unrelated, but anyway, I saw an article last week which mentioned something about search engines. It mentioned that in 2002, graduate students at Tel Aviv University were asked to find on the web, with no time limit, a picture of the Mona Lisa, the complete text of either Robinson Crusoe or David Copperfield and a recipe for apple pie accompanied by a photograph. Only 15% succeeded at all 3 tasks.

I had a go at it. The Robinson Crusoe text was the hardest to find. The first link didn't seem to work, so I had to go a bit further down, but the other 2 showed up very quickly on google. Maybe it's 2006 and there's more content on the web now, so the stuff was easier to find as compared to 2002. Have a go, it shouldn't be too difficult.

posted by cosine  @ 8:54 PM
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


Other Blogs

  • Christopher
  • Hock
  • Chee Hui
  • Joline
  • YH
  • Zhiqin
  • Kenny
  • J.X.
  • Tubby
  • Esther Goh
  • Sarah
  • Dwin
  • Licia
  • External Links

  • Image Host--Applerings
  • Google
  • Previous Posts

  • East Coast Park
  • Ice Age 2
  • Script-fu
  • Rude shop
  • Platoon Cohesion
  • Chelsea vs Fulham
  • Dusk header pic
  • ORD Part II
  • New header pic
  • ORD loh!!!
  • Archives

  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008