It was already pretty crowded when I went there on Thurs. Collected lots of brochures and saw quite a few things I wish I could buy. However, most of them are either not worth the price or aren't necessary at the moment.
Checked out the Canon Powershot A530 camera. I thought it would be a nice improvement over the 510 or 520, but the flash charging time is just as long and the aperture and shutter priority modes are no longer there. There is a manual mode, but only 2 aperture options.
IT shows are not very good places to try cameras if you don't already have something in mind. It's real crowded and the display areas are totally packed. It is also likely that someone else wants to try the camera when you are still busy exploring the various options. Then you'll feel pressurised by the salesman who wants to show the other customer the product. However, they do have some superb offers. While the price may be slightly higher than at other shops, they give away LOTS of free stuff that more than makes up for the slight price difference.
In the end, I only bought some Sepom 4R photo paper. I've already printed 1 photo and it looks pretty good, much better than when I printed the same thing on plain paper. Yh bought the paper too, so we swopped packs, now each of us has 1 pack of glossy paper and 1 pack of matte paper. Not sure what the difference is though, haha. The only problem is that 4R doesn't have the same aspect ratio as a digital photo, so the edges will be cropped if I want a borderless print.
Samsung is selling laser printers for $99, if you're one of the 1st 10 customers on that day for that model. Not likely to be me. Anyway, for those who are interested, the next model only costs $169, real cheap for a laser printer. They also have a 15" LCD monitor for $299. There really are some incredible offers at this IT show.
Phillips has a very nice product, which I feel is quite overpriced. It's a digital photo display. It's like those photo frames where you put a printed photo in, except that this one is an LCD display. You can transfer your pictures in and it'll display them, it also has a slideshow feature. It can last 2 hours on its battery, but can also be powered with an AC adapter. However, it costs $399, which I feel is quite steep for a little LCD screen. Oh and it also has a 170 deg viewing angle, pretty good.
Went again on Saturday, before going for the performance again. Actually I went with yh to see what the coordinator post the Picture Me shop at Suntec was about. Unfortunately they were looking for females, so too bad. Since I had some time to spare we went to the IT show again.
Thanks to Chee Hui's tip, I managed to find Chris selling Dopods at his booth this time. Business seems pretty slow at his corner.
There was a massive human traffic jam at the overhead bridge leading to CityLink mall, it took me 15 mins just to cross over. The escalators on both sides were all stopped, and there were people walking up the down escalator on the other end. Terrible.... no wonder the bridge was so crowded. It would probably have been much smoother if they just kept to the correct side.